The demands placed on nursing staff in intensive care units and anaesthesia departments are subject to constant change. Patient treatments and disease therapies are also becoming increasingly complex.
In intensive care and anaesthetic care, nurses often care for severely ill patients. We impart all the necessary skills and knowledge to students in our further training courses so that they are well-prepared for these challenges. They acquire nursing, medical and social and methodological skills in both theoretical and practical units.
Alle Informationen über die Weiterbildung Intensiv- und Anästhesiepflege DKG finden Sie in unserem Informationsflyer zum Downloaden
The further training we offer takes place outside of work in modular form according to the requirements of the German Hospital Federation. It contains 720 theoretical lessons in seven modules. Classes are held on two days (Mondays and Tuesdays) at two-week intervals and are supplemented by two additional block weeks.
Students spend over 1,800 hours in four different intensive care units (Surgery, Cardiac Surgery, Internal Medicine and Neurosurgery/Neurology) and the Anaesthesiology department.
You can complete your training – also part-time – in a minimum of two to a maximum of five years.
After passing your exam, you are allowed to bear the title of "Nurse and healthcare professional for intensive and anaesthetic care".
- Special intensive care
- Special anaesthetic care
- Ethical questions and issues
- Scientifically sound action (EBN and scientific work)
- Designing work processes in complex situations
- Guiding learning (FT Practitioner Module 1 is part of the further training)
- Basic knowledge in health management
- Foundation course in Basal Stimulation© (with certificate)
- Foundation course in Kinesthetics© (with certificate)
- Completed training as a nurse and healthcare professional
- Minimum of six months’ work experience in anaesthetic or intensive care
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- State examination certificate in accordance with the Nursing Care Act (Krankenpflegegesetz)
- Permission to use the professional title
- Proof of six months’ work experience in anaesthetic or intensive care
Please send your complete application to:
Klinikum Bayreuth GmbH
Advanced training in intensive and anaesthetic care
Preuschwitzer Str. 101
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation is free for staff working at Klinikum Bayreuth GmbH. A repayment agreement will be concluded with these members of staff. Cooperations can be concluded or cost arrangements agreed for nurses from other hospitals and institutions.